Skip to main content

Letter of Transmittal


Building and Construction Authority
52 Jurong Gateway Road #11-01
Singapore 608550

Dear Sir/Madam,
Re: Proposal to Implement Self-Healing Bacteria Agent into Concrete
Enclosed for your kind consideration is a response toward the request for a proposal on developing solutions for an engineering problem in Singapore. The enclosed report has been prepared with the objective of implementing a self-healing bacteria agent into today’s concrete mix practices to heal cracks located in historical buildings.
This proposal explores the lack of self-healing properties in the concrete structures of historical buildings located in Singapore and discusses the mechanism of the self-healing bacteria agent, which consists of calcium lactate and a bacteria called “bacillus”. The benefits and limitations of our proposed solution are provided as well.
In conjunction with Singapore’s efforts to preserve its heritage, implementing a self-healing bacteria agent into concrete mix practices to heal cracks in historical buildings are of high importance. This implementation increases the longevity of such buildings for future generations to appreciate the art and the history of our historical buildings.
 Thank you for your time and consideration of the proposal.

Yours sincerely,
Moe Wai Yan Tun
On behalf of Apollo Concrete
CVE1281 Effective Communication
Singapore Institute of Technology

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Summary

Arnold, D. (2011). Articles - Self-Healing Concrete. Retrieved 6 March 2020, from https://www.ingenia.org.uk/Ingenia/Articles/eb2f64de-2493-4dfc-9adc-3ae8e13ca477 The focal point of this article was the progression of 'self-healing' concrete technology over the years. According to the article 'self-healing' concrete is a mixture of concrete containing 'self-healing' agents such as bacteria and nutrients. The idea of incorporating 'self-healing' agents into concrete mix design of the buildings had been conceived in the late 1900s. However, the idea was not fully realized due to the absence of interest from the ‘commercial engineering sector’. Fortunately, the idea was revived in the early 2000s when numerous notable ‘industry players’ made a partnership with Delft University to further the research and development of self-healing concrete. The pursuit of finding a suitable self-healing agent started in 2006 at Delft University. It was discovered t

Formal Letter

Dear Professor Brad, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Moe Wai Yan Tun, but you can call me Wai Yan. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma in civil engineering with business in 2017. I chose to study civil engineering in polytechnic because my parents encouraged me to. However, I have grown my interest in it while studying in Singapore Polytechnic and decided to further my studies. A communication strength I possess will be the ability to make a conversation interesting. My love for telling jokes and stories over the years had made me develop a habit to make the conversations captivating. However, I strongly believe that I still have room for improvement. In my opinion, I have a weakness in the ability to initiate a conversation with a stranger. Whenever I am at a party or an event, I find myself interacting with the people that I have known before. I am not a shy person, but I lack the communication techniques and s

My Critical Reflection

The goals I have set for myself at the start of the modules were to better communicate through my writing and to have the ability to analyze and interpret the news articles. Throughout this module, I have learned various writing skills and techniques such as proper language usage for email writing, paraphrasing, and crafting a technical report. The modules have taught me to better understand and use the language through various assignments. To improve myself on my writing skills outside of the classroom I have made a point to follow the procedures and techniques that were taught in the classroom and applied them when I must send emails for my group projects for other modules. Also, during the process of crafting the reader’s response, I have gained skills such as being able to cite sources in APA style and cross-reference 2 different sources. One of the things I was most proud of from the last assignment was my oral presentation. I learned it a hard way about the importance of prepa